Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Storm Photos

23rd December, 2012

yeah I know my dates are not in order, but thats ok. These photos i want to share are from the storm on the 23rd December 2012. Yes nearly thought the Myans had been out by 1 day, but i knew better. Anyway to the photos.

The photo below was taken while still light and was pretty much a fluke. I had just been snapping away, as you can't take long exposure photos during the day. I tried that and you just end up with a white screen. Any way I circled the lightning strike to make it easier for you to see.



So once it got darker and i could set up my tripod and set the camera to a 4 second exposure these are the shots I got.
 Yes it is still night time, you can see the light from the window on the grass near the garden bed. There were some huge flashes during this shot and in the circle you can see a clear strike.


The trees in the back yard make it hard to get good shots, so I discovered the front verandah. I can get a clearer shot, just the lightning has to be in the right spot.

 
 January 3rd, 2013

So this time I headed around to the front, my biggest problem today was the little midge bugs we have started to attack me, so I had to call it quits before the storm had moved past enough to get some good shots. But I managed to get some. Here a few of the better ones. I'm going to put all of them in a mini film as i think it would come up awesome watching the cloud move past, but that will have to wait for another day.

The next series of shots are all in a row and it is of a car that drove past. I thought the photos came up ok. What do you think?




 I know there wasn't much lightning, but I thought it was cool the effect of a longer exposure. Any way hope you enjoyed looking at them.

No comments:

Post a Comment